Thursday, October 1, 2009

Moving Forward

Now that my time is Palmer is almost done. What's next?

We'll have a week or so at sea on the Lawrence M. Gould. You can follow our progress here.

During our voyage we'll be making a brief stop at Hugo Island. If the conditions permit, myself and 3 others will be going ashore to try to fix a GPS station there.

After that, we arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile on October 9th. A few of us are taking a week to go to Torres Del Paine National Park to hike "the W" before we fly back to the states. Oh how I can't wait to see trees again!

Finally, after I get home to Colorado. I'll have a week to see those that I miss, before immediately departing South once again to deploy to McMurdo station for a month. Much like at Hugo Island, I'll be going to McMurdo to assist with GPS equipment.

Then two weeks in New Zealand!

There's still a long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment