Monday, September 7, 2009

Liger


Some days are good. Some days are bad. Some days you just have to play bass guitar in a liger suit. That's all there is to it. Last Friday was one of those days. The tail end of a week of artful expression was a performance of Palmer Station's very own "Freezing Band", now touring Anvers Island. Happy hour this week was a mean cider made by myself and the drummer, along with a 1-hour set of everyone's favorites - "The Dive Locker Blues", "Give me that old fashioned Morphine", and of course "Mahna Mahna" (the Muppets song).

The liger suit has a history of it's own. Unbeknownst to me when I got here, all former IT staff at Palmer have worn the liger suit at one point in time. It's survived endless cocktail parties, pier jumps, and now a performance as bass guitarist.

I suppose my work here is now done.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, Jeff!!!!!!!

    JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, that's the best you ever looked in a liger suit.

    ReplyDelete