Monday, August 31, 2009

McMurdo!

As of last week I'm officially deploying to McMurdo station for November, 2009! This time I'm going as a grantee. My former/current/future employer, UNAVCO Inc, just so happens to be looking for a staff member available to deploy for a month to help out with their GPS operations on the ice this coming austral summer. Conveniently I am already PQ'd for the ice and since I've already been gone this long what's another month or so?



The irony is I would've happily deployed for UNAVCO in the first place without doing any seasonal work for Raytheon if I had the opportunity. It turns out the only way for that opportunity to arise was for me to do seasonal work for Raytheon first.

Oh the tangled webs we weave...see you at McMurdo!

No comments:

Post a Comment